The New York Philharmonic

Update Browser

Pages don't look right?

You are using a browser that does not support the technology used on our website.

Please select a different browser or use your phone or tablet to access our site.

Download: Firefox | Chrome | Safari

If you're using Internet Explorer, please update to the latest version.

Are you aged 70½ and over?
Do you have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA)?
Do you make contributions to charities?
Would you like to make a tax-free donation?

If the answer to all these questions is “Yes” then you should consider making a contribution to the New York Philharmonic, directly from your IRA.

In the 2012 “Fiscal Cliff” deal passed by Congress, the IRA Charitable Rollover provision was reinstated for 2012 and 2013.

Throughout 2013, a contribution can be transferred directly from your IRA to the charity of your choice. The amount of the charitable contribution (up to $100,000) is excluded from your taxable income, but you can't double dip and claim a tax deduction for the donation, too.

Please consult your IRA manager and tax advisor for more details. To make a contribution to the New York Philharmonic contact your IRA administrator by letter with your instructions, and providing the following information:

  • The amount of your donation
  • Payable to The Philharmonic-Symphony Society of New York, Inc. (the Philharmonic’s legal name)
  • Tax ID number: 13-1664054
  • Address: Russell Jones, Director, Individual and Planned Gifts, New York Philharmonic, Avery Fisher Hall, 10 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023

Thank you for your contribution, it is very much appreciated.

Go to top