PLEASE JOIN US!
THE YEAR OF THE SHEEP
A Gala Celebration of the Chinese New Year
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Honorary Gala Chairmen
Mr. and Mrs. Maurice R. Greenberg
H.E. Ambassador Liu Jieyi
Mr. and Mrs. James D. Wolfensohn
H.E. Consul-General Zhang Qiyue
Guoqing Chen and Ming Liu
Gary W. Parr
Agnes Hsu-Tang and Oscar L. Tang
Long Yu, conductor
Yo-Yo Ma cello
Wu Tong, sheng
Lei Jia, vocalist
Gulinaer Yiming, ghijak
Program to include:
- Li Huanzhi Spring Festival Overture
- Hai-Deng Yan/Arr. Ye Zou Jin Tune for sheng and orchestra
- Borodin Polovtsian Dance No. 17 from Prince Igor
- Traditional/Arr. Ye Zou Fantasy on Maqam Themes, for ghijak and orchestra
- Traditional Chinese folk songs: In Praise of Cattle, The Village of Sanshilipu
- Lin Zhao Duo (U.S. Premiere)
Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center
Pre-Concert Reception 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Concert 7:30 p.m.
Dinner follows on the Grand Promenade
Traditional Chinese Attire or Black Tie
To purchase a table or order tickets to the Gala, download and fill out this form and email to Jennifer Levine at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (212) 875-5929.
or mail to:
CHINESE NEW YEAR GALA
New York Philharmonic
Avery Fisher Hall
10 Lincoln Center Plaza
New York, NY 10023
The Gala is presented by The Starr International Foundation.
As of January 21, 2015
Photos: Long Yu courtesy Shanghai Symphony Orchestra, Yo-Yo Ma by Todd Rosenberg, Wu Tong by Todd Rosenberg / Sony BMG Masterworks.